Depressive episodes are great. Depressive episodes at work are literally my favorite thing ever.
So I found online versions of popular gothic/horror novels. Enjoy and feel free to add to this list!
THE CASTLE OF OTRANTO BY HORACE WALPOLE (known as the first gothic novel)
REBECCA BY DAPHNE DU MAURIER (I read this one, perfect creepiness, tragic romance and a plot twist that will leave you with your mouth hanging open)
WRITINGS OF H.P LOVECRAFT (regarded as one of the best horror writers)
STEPHEN KING NOVELS
- THE SHINING
- PET SEMATARY
- SALEM’S LOT
- THE STAND
- DOCTOR SLEEP
- BAG OF BONES
- DIFFERENT SEASONS
- THE DEAD ZONE
- THE GREEN MILE
- DARK TOWER 1: THE GUN SLINGER
- SKELETON CREW
ORIGINAL GOOSEBUMPS BY R.L STONE (take a trip back to childhood)
- WELCOME TO DEAD HOUSE
- STAY OUT OF THE BASEMENT
- MONSTER BLOOD
- SAY CHEESE AND DIE
- THE HAUNTED MASK
- ONE DAY AT HORROR LAND
- NIGHT OF THE LIVING DUMMY
- VAMPIRE BREATH
- GHOST CAMP
- HOW I GOT MY SHRUNKEN HEAD
- THIS SITE HAD A LOT OF HIS BOOKS, JUST SCROLL DOWN
PENPAL BY DATHAN AUERBACH (Let me just tell you this guy started out as a reddit user writing online horror stories and now he has a novel out, I’ve linked you to the terrifying story that got him famous, you can learn more about his novel here)
Okay that’s all I got for now. This post took me 3 years to make. Feel free to add on to this list.
DOTTY THE MARAUDERS AU IS GETTING OUT OF HAND
kept the nicknames for reasons
brilliant, never before seen fantasy ideas!!!!
- allegories for racism using white people and some race of mythical creatures who are all also white people
- allegories for lgbt*qia identities using someone being cursed or a werewolf and they are still a cishet the whole time
- allegories for issues people deal with using no one except cishet white people
when your society marginalizes you so much that even stories about your marginalization….marginalize you
This drives me mad. I used to work in a bookstore, and was talking to my coworker and he just yelled out “stop flirting with me!” at this ridiculous volume and it was humiliating because
1. I wasn’t
2. I got in trouble for acting unprofessional
3. He embarrassed me in front of a line of people
4. And he only stopped insisting that I was flirting when my boyfriend (who is now my husband) said, “dude, trust me, she’s not flirting with you” to him
That asshole respected my BOYFRIEND saying I wasn’t flirting more than he respected me saying it and I was the one who was talking! The whole scene got me in trouble at work. And the most ridiculous part is we were talking about a fucking book. In a bookstore.
One time, my ex boyfriend had a crush on some girl, and said that he thought he might have “a chance” with her.
When I asked him what made him think that, he said “Well, she talks to me.”
And this is why it is so difficult to be a girl and be friends with men who are attracted to women.
Can we also add that this is why a lot of women do the resting bitch face when out in public. Cause dudes swear a glance or a smile is flirting.
What is love?
I got your backs, guys.
2. (I couldn’t track down the actual recipe for the second picture, so I’m just going to assume it’s Chocolate Coffee.)
3. Again, I couldn’t track this one down, but I think it’s an ice cream cake. Here’s ten different recipes for ice cream cakes in exchange for not finding that particular one.
6. This cake is supposedly from a restaurant or high-end bakery, but I wasn’t able to find the source or recipe for it. Sorry!
7. I know what these are! York Peppermint Patty Brownies!
8. yeah i’m pretty sure this is just a disassembled oreo smore thing it’s sort of self-explanatory
9. *shifty eyes* I couldn’t find this one either but here make this instead
10. My only guess for these is homemade ding dongs.